Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
FREE when booked with the BOSIET course
The Minimum Industry Safety Training course (MIST) was introduced to the industry in 2009. We were the first training provider to obtain OPITO accreditation for our MIST course. The course is designed to introduce the fundamental safety elements of the offshore industry. A mixture of lectures, discussions, practical exercises and written assessments supports the delivery of the nine-module course.
The course consists of lecture and discussion and includes case studies and some practical exercises. Each module also includes a written assessment.
The syllabus consists of nine modules:
- Module 1 Introduction to the Hazardous Offshore Environment
- Module 2 Working Safely including Safety Observation Systems
- Module 3 Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Module 4 Tasks that require a permit to work
- Module 5 Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Module 6 Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Module 7 Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances Offshore
- Module 8 Knowledge and Practices of Working at Height
- Module 9 Being Aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities
It is expected that delegates will have previously attended the BOSIET course, as this course is designed to build on the safety-related topics included within BOSIET.
The course is intended for new entrants to the offshore oil & gas industry.
An OPITO-approved certificate will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years by on-line assessment.
Items to bring
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.