Universal Basic Survival
This OPITO-approved Universal Basic Survival course is similar to the BOSIET course. But it’s appropriate for all individuals looking to work in other European sectors, including Norway. As well as covering the BOSIET content, the three-day Universal Basic Survival course includes first aid and escape systems training.
Delegates will gain a basic level of understanding and awareness of the hazards encountered when working on offshore installations, and of the safety regime and safety management systems in place to control and mitigate those hazards. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, and delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
The syllabus focuses on:
- Basic safety induction
- Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS)
- Fire Fighting and self rescue
- Helicopter safety and escape
- Sea survival
- First Aid
- Escape systems
Delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
Personnel requiring certification to allow them to work in the UK and other European sectors.
An OPITO-approved Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training Certificate and an Escape Systems Training certificate, will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Every four years
Items to bring
All delegates must bring swimwear and a towel. Photographic ID
All delegates will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire prior to course commencement.
If you are going to work offshore you must hold a valid Offshore Medical certificate of fitness. If passed fit, your certificate will be valid for 2 years.
There are 3 options for an Offshore Medical:
- OGUK Offshore Medical is for work in the UK offshore sector and provides an Oil & Gas UK Offshore Certificate
- Norwegian Offshore Medical is for work in the UK & Norwegian offshore sectors and provides an OGUK Offshore Certificate and a Norwegian Offshore Certificate
- Dutch Offshore Medical is for work in the UK, Norwegian & Dutch offshore sectors and provides an OGUK Offshore Certificate, a Norwegian Offshore Certificate and a Dutch Offshore Certificate contained within the green Dutch personal logbook
Your medical can be completed at our Altens Training Centre, Aberdeen. Visit here for full details and to book - http://www.arkoh.co.uk/Offshore_Medicals.asp